The company will discuss innovations in binders, rheology modifiers and toughening agents that add both performance and processing advantages to pressure-sensitive adhesives, sealants, caulks and structural adhesives.
Arkema leaders will also be presenting a paper entitled “Latex Innovations for Adhesives and Sealants for Building and Construction Markets” on Tuesday, Oct. 26 at 10:45 a.m. by Sanjay Luthra, global marketing manager for building and construction, liquid resins.
“Arkema works with product formulators to bring innovation, performance and sustainability to every product we produce,” Eric Dumain, global marketing director for coatings at Arkema. “We look forward to meeting with everyone at the Adhesive and Sealants Conference to discuss the industry and showcase how we are helping bring better products to the marketplace.”
Arkema is introducing several new and featured products at the show, including:
- ENCOR® 9176 latex for adhesives and sealants, offering excellent adhesion to difficult substrates, long-lasting exterior durability and the ability to meet ASTM C920 wet peel adhesion requirements on low energy substrates.
- ENCOR® 9466 latex for clear, permanent and paper labels, as well as flexible flooring applications (pressure sensitive adhesives) where high line speed capabilities are needed. This product offers an excellent balance of peel, tack and cohesion strength, as well as good adhesion to low surface energy substrates.
- ENCOR® 167S latex, an innovative plasticizer-free resin for sealants that need to meet ASTM C-920 sealant specifications. This resin offers improved mold and mildew resistance.
- ENCOR® 9025 latex, a high-solids, tackified acrylic for label applications in extreme environments. The product conforms to BS 5609:1986 Section 2 “Marine and Laboratory Performance of Label Base Materials” when coated onto suitable face stock.
- CRAYVALLAC® SLT thickener, an additive offering a low activation temperature, high efficiency, slump resistance and high body.
- COAPUR™ and COAPUR™ XS HEUR thickeners, a full range of thickeners for pressure sensitive adhesive applications. They offer outstanding processing conditions and transfers, and are available in grades ranging from Newtonian to pseudoplastic.
- CRAYVALLAC® SLW thickener, offering improved early grab, excellent extrudability and ease of activation.
- COADIS™ 790 polymeric dispersant for carbon black, providing good efficiency and viscosity reduction and excellent storage stability.
- CRAYVALLAC® biosourced rheology modifiers with high biorenewable content, from 60% up to 100% - offering slump resistance and antisettling.
- RHEOTECH™ pseudoplastic acrylic thickeners, a new product line that is California Prop 65 compliant and offers good body and thickening.
- CLEARSTRENGTH® XT 100 MBS core-shell additive, an innovative solution for structural adhesives that offers exceptional toughening and mechanical properties in thermoset systems. The product features high dispersion efficiency with a limited impact on host resin viscosity.
Attendees can also learn more at the following presentation:
- “Latex Innovations for Adhesives and Sealants for Building and Construction Markets” by Sanjay Luthra, global marketing manager for building and construction, liquid resins on Tuesday, Oct. 26 at 10:15 a.m.
To learn more about Arkema’s offerings for adhesives and sealants, visit:
ENCOR®, CRAYVALLAC® and CLEARSTRENGTH® are registered trademarks of Arkema
COAPURTM and RHEOTECH are registered trademarks of Coatex S.A.
COADISTM is a trademark of Coatex S.A.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into 3 complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials -Adhesive solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions- accounting for some 82% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of around €8 billion in 2020 and operates in some 55 countries with 20,600 employees worldwide. www.arkema.com
The statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are believed to be accurate as of the date hereof. Since the conditions and methods of use of the product and of the information referred to herein are beyond our control, ARKEMA expressly disclaims any and all liability as to any results obtained or arising from any use of the product or reliance on such information; NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IS MADE CONCERNING THE GOODS DESCRIBED OR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN.
The information provided herein relates only to the specific product designated and may not be applicable when such product is used in combination with other materials or in any process. The user should thoroughly test any application before commercialization. Nothing contained herein constitutes a license to practice under any patent and it should not be construed as an inducement to infringe any patent and the user is advised to take appropriate steps to be sure that any proposed use of the product will not result in patent infringement. See SDS for Health & Safety Considerations. Arkema has implemented a Medical Policy regarding the use of Arkema products in Medical Devices applications that are in contact with the body or circulating bodily fluids:
© Arkema Inc. 2021 All Rights Reserved